A message from our broker.
I want to thank you for entrusting your RE/MAX Realty Affiliates’ Agent to sell your home. You made a great choice. The worldwide coronavirus spread has some people questioning whether now is a good time to buy or sell a home. In my opinion, that answer is: Yes.
With the low housing inventory we have seen for years in our market continuing for now, it is a great time to sell. As for Buyers, interest rates are at all time, historic lows. While we may see an overall slowdown at some point in the economy due to the virus, the real estate market continues to be strong. If I were looking to sell in the next 12 months, I would do it now. The health concerns may reduce home inventory even more -- a bonus for Sellers on the market now.
In an effort to protect our clients and the public as a whole, we are implementing a new protocol when any agent, whether from our company or others, shows your home. These protocols, outlined on the attached Seller’s Instructions document for you to sign, stipulates the following:
1. Prior to showing your home, we will post a sign on the door where the showing agent can stop and ask their clients the following questions as recommended by the CDC: 1) Do you have a fever?
2) Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, or experiencing difficulty breathing?
3) Have you had contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID19?
4) If you have traveled outside the United States within the past 14 days, do you have signs of fever or respiratory illness, including cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath?
This questionnaire, used currently by many residential living communities, asks the parties to assess their current state of health. If the Health Questionnaire discloses any health concerns defined by the CDC, the parties will be instructed via the form to not enter your home.
2. This procedure will also apply to others visiting your home for sale-related purposes, including home inspection, appraisal and repairs.
3. If you or any occupants of your home experience any of the health issues identified on the 4-question CDC form, you agree to let your listing agent know so we can suspend showings until you are well.
It should be noted that while we are taking this proactive approach to protect you, there is no guarantee that an infected person cannot enter your home despite our best efforts. The steps we are taking rely on the persons entering your home to be truthful; we are not providing any medical testing to verify their health status or previous travel to other countries.
Additionally, the person answering the questions may not exhibit any symptoms but could be carrying the virus. We will also ask visitors to remove their shoes and to wash their hands prior to the start of any showings. It would be helpful if you could provide soap, water and paper towels to do so. We recommend that you and all members of the public go to CDC.gov to understand the health risks to all.
We look forward to getting your home sold while taking steps to protect you.